When we hear 'dump cake', it may not sound very appealing. Hence, I am sure you would want to know from where the name originates. It gets its name from the recipe, as all the ingredients are dumped into a baking pan and then baked. The overall presentation is not like a cake and in fact, looks cobbled. Hence, it cannot be categorized under fancy baking. Children can also bake it as there is no mixing involved.
Cherry Dump Cake
- Cherry Pie Filling, 1 can
- White Cake Mix, 1 box
- Butter (sliced), 1 stick
- Pour the cherry pie filling into the baking pan.
- Spread the filling evenly, so that it covers the entire pan.
- Pour dry cake mix over the cherry filling.
- However, do not break the lumps and leave them intact, as they are going to form the "crust" of the cake.
- Place slices of butter on top of the dry mix, but do not mix it.
- Bake it at 350 °F, until the cake is golden brown in color.
- It will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes, but different ovens may require different time settings.
- Remove from the oven, cool for about 30 minutes, and slice it evenly. Serve warm.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin (15 oz. can) 1
- Evaporated Milk (12 oz. can) 1
- Eggs 3
- Nutmeg, 1 tsp.
- Ginger, ½ tsp.
- Cloves, ½ tsp.
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Sugar, ¾ cup
- Yellow Cake Mix, 1 packet
- Walnuts, 1 cup
- Butter Sticks (melted), ¾ cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F, as you get the baking pan ready.
- Grease the cooking pan with oil and combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt, and sugar together. Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on the pumpkin mixture and gently spread it with a spoon.
- Now sprinkle the nuts and drizzle butter on top.
- Bake it for 50 minutes till it attains a golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Cut it into squares.
Apple Dump Cake
- Cake Mix, 1 can
- Apple Pie Filling, 2 cans
- Ground Cinnamon, 1 tsp.
- Ground Nutmeg, 1 tsp.
- Ground Allspice, 1 tsp.
- White Sugar, 1 tbsp.
- Butter, ¾ cup
- Chopped Pecans, 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F, while you ready the cake mix.
- Grease a baking pan and pour apple pie filling into the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and sugar. Sprinkle it over the pie filling.
- Now pour the dry cake mix over the apple filling.
- Top it up with butter pieces and scatter nuts on top of the dry mix.
- Now bake it at 350 °F for about an hour, until the top becomes golden brown in color.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Peach Dump Cake
This cake tastes best when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Peaches in Heavy Syrup, 2 cans
- Yellow Cake Mix, 1 can
- Butter, ½ cup
- Ground Cinnamon, ½ tsp.
- The oven is to be preheated at 350 °F for 10 minutes.
- Grease the baking pan with oil. Empty peaches along with the syrup into it.
- Cover the peaches with dry cake mix and press down gently.
- Dot with cut butter pieces on top of the cake mix and sprinkle cinnamon powder.
- Bake it at 375 °F for about 45 minutes to an hour, until the top becomes golden brown in color.
I am sure now you will end up making these more often as compared to the regular cakes. So go on, bake a cake, eat, drink, and be merry!