Dipping oil is usually served in Italian restaurants. Generally, people have jam, sauce, butter, or some other type of dip with breads, but in Italian restaurants, they serve dipping oil with their special breads.
This dip is also served with French bread at times, and they are available in several flavors that blend well with the flavor of the bread. Besides bread, this dip can also be used for marinating chicken or drizzling on salads.
- Olive oil, ¼ cup
- Sun-dried tomato paste, ½ tsp.
- Finely minced garlic, ⅛ tsp.
- Dried thyme, ⅛ tsp.
- Dried rosemary, ⅛ tsp.
- Dried basil, ⅛ tsp.
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, a pinch (optional)
- Firstly, transfer the olive oil to a bowl and add in the sun-dried tomato paste.
- Crush thyme, basil, and rosemary with your fingers, and add them to the olive oil mixture along with salt, garlic, and pepper.
- Now, add in the spices and mix well. Let the dipping stand for 4 hours so that the flavors blend well.
- You can also add some crushed red pepper if you like it spicy. Serve with French or sourdough bread.
- Garlic cloves (unpeeled), 25
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1 cup plus 2 tbsp.
- Balsamic vinegar, ½ cup
- Minced fresh rosemary, 2½ tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Now, place the garlic cloves in a baking dish, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil to it, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat from all sides.
- Cover this dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until tender and brown. Let it cool.
- Next, squeeze the garlic between your fingertips after it has cooled completely.
- Place the cloves in a blender bowl, add rosemary and vinegar to it, and blend until smooth.
- Add in the remaining olive oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper and blend for an additional 1 min. Refrigerate for storage.
- Let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- Oregano, ½ tsp.
- Basil, ½ tsp.
- Garlic powder, ½ tsp.
- Rosemary, ½ tsp.
- Marjoram, ½ tsp.
- Thyme, ½ tsp.
- Red pepper flakes (optional), a pinch
- Olive oil
- This is one of the easiest recipes. All you have to do is take a small bowl and add all the herbs in it.
- Mix well and then add the desired quantity of olive oil for a desired flavor, and add the red pepper flakes and mix until well-incorporated.
- Serve with a crusty Italian bread.
- Uncut French bread loaf, 1 (16 ounce)
- Garlic clove minced into tiny pieces, 1
- Extra virgin olive oil, ¼ cup
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 3 tbsp.
- Balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp.
- Freshly ground pepper, ½ tsp.
- Dried Italian seasoning, ½ tsp.
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Take a shallow bowl and add minced garlic clove, ground pepper, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt to it.
- Mix well and then sprinkle vinegar and olive oil evenly over the mixture, stir, and set aside.
- Place the loaf of uncut French bread on the lower rack of the oven and bake for about 15 minutes at 350ºF or until warm.
- When done, cut the bread into 1-inch slices and serve with the dipping oil. This is one of the healthy recipes.
So, depending on your choice, you can try any of these recipes and treat yourself with the unique taste anytime you want! Bon Appetit!