The best course of any meal, is dessert. Whether it is custard, ice cream or cakes, kids are more tempted by it, if their meal fails to satisfy their taste buds. You can experiment with different types of recipes at home and make them happy with your innovative ideas. I shall present you some dessert recipes that you can use for any occasion. These recipes are simple and with a little amount of patience you can do wonders.
While deciding the dessert menu for a party, one must remember that chocolates are more popular than any other dish. Children will love to grab the dishes that are seasoned or made with chocolates. In the following segment you will learn about recipes that are not only easy to make, but are healthy too.
- Powdered Sugar, ⅓ cup
- Unsalted Butter, ¼ cup
- Vanilla Extract, ½ tsp.
- Egg, 1
- Unsweetened Cocoa, ¼ cup
- All-purpose Flour, ¾ cup
- Cooled Strong Espresso, 4 tsp.
- Sour Cream, ½ cup
- Salt, ¼ tsp.
- Wrap the muffin pan with paper cases and preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Then add the egg along with vanilla extract.
- Blend the flour, salt, and the baking soda in a big bowl. Combine them thoroughly.
- Part the ingredients and mix the sour cream uniformly. Add the cooled coffee gradually.
- Fill the ice cream scoops with the batter and bake them in the muffin pans for 15 minutes.
- Cool the tray and then take it out. Serve with chocolate dips.
Berry Banana Split
- Frozen Raspberries, 2 cups
- Unsalted Peanuts, (chopped) ⅓ cup
- Marshmallows, ⅓ cup
- Strawberry Yogurt, 16 scoops
- Banana Slices, 8
- Caster Sugar, ¼ cup
- White Chocolate Bits, ⅓ cup
- Fill the saucepan with one cup water and boil the raspberries. Add 2 tbsp. of sugar and lower the heat. Stir for 5 minutes, simmer, and then cool.
- Now mix the peanuts, marshmallows and white chocolate bits in a bowl.
- Top it up with the raspberry mixture, frozen yogurt, and slices of banana. Serve it chilled.
Cinnamon Tortilla Recipe
- Fajita Style Tortilla, 8
- Butter, 2 tsp.
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp.
- Sugar, 1 tsp.
- Melt the butter and layer one side of the tortilla with it.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle the buttered side of the tortilla with this mixture.
- Now roll up the tortilla and layer the other side with butter.
- Cook inside the preheated oven at 350° F for 5 minutes.
- Take it out when the tortilla becomes crisp and golden brown. Serve with hot chocolate sauce.
Healthy Dessert Ideas
We mostly prefer to have a sweet dish after our meal. Similarly the chocolate and sugar laden pies and desserts, if consumed everyday are bound to make your children put on some weight. They are definitely not healthy in the long run. Therefore, try out the sugar-free recipes. These nutritious recipes also include a lot of fruits and are hence, low in calories. The recipes are enlisted below.
- Watermelon, 8 cups
- Fresh Lime Juice, 3 tsp.
- Grape Juice (unsweetened concentrate), ½ cup
- Freeze the slices of watermelon, at least for one hour.
- Take it out from a refrigerator and bring it to room temperature.
- Put ¼ quantity of the slices in a mixer and blend with lime juice and grape concentrate.
- Now add the remaining frozen watermelon cubes on the top.
- Dip a straw and serve it cool.
- Medium-sized Apples, 4
- Cooking Oats, ½ cup
- Softened Butter, 3 tsp.
- Cinnamon, ½ tsp.
- Walnuts, (chopped) ⅓ cup
- Apple Juice, ½ cup
- Nutmeg, 1 tsp.
- Lemon Juice, ½ tsp.
- Brown Sugar, ⅓ cup
- Peel the apples half and make a hollow core for the filling. Do not scoop it out from bottom.
- Combine brown sugar, walnuts, nutmeg, butter, oats, sugar, and lemon juice. Make the mixture crumbly and not very smooth.
- Fill the apples with the mixture and make a mound at the top.
- Place the apples in a baking pan, pre-filled with apple juice.
- Bake for at least 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 375° F.
- Take them out when baked completely and top it up with whipped cream. Serve it warm.
Crockpot Chocolate Rice Pudding
- Cooked Rice, 3 cups
- Evaporated Milk, 14 oz.
- Cocoa Butter, 3 tsp.
- Brown Sugar, 1 tsp.
- Skimmed Milk, ½ cup
- Chocolate Chips, 1 cup
- Spray cooking spray over the Crockpot stoneware. Combine cocoa powder, butter, rice, milk (regular and skimmed), and brown sugar in the Crockpot.
- Cover the vessel and cook for at least 2 hours. Steam it on low heat.
- Add the chocolate chips before serving the pudding.
Prepare all these alternately and let your kid relish these delicious desserts.