Chocolate frosting is to die for when it is topped on a rich, creamy, dark chocolate cake, and you are the only one to enjoy it. It is undoubtedly the most tempting and attractive thing in a cake. Listed below are some of the tastiest dark chocolate frosting and cake recipes.
- Sugarless baking chocolate, 4 sections
- Powdered sugar, 2 ½ cups
- Butter, ¼ cup
- Milk, ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract, ½ tsp.
- Salt, 1 pinch
- Melt the chocolate, butter, and milk in a saucepan on a low flame.
- Add salt to this mixture, and keep stirring it till you get a thick and smooth paste.
- Now, add powdered sugar with vanilla extract and beat this mixture till it turns thick enough to spread on a 9 x 13 inch cake.
- This frosting can also be spread on doughnuts, pancakes, cup cakes, or any other dish of your choice.
- Confectioner's sugar, 2 ¾ cups
- Cocoa powder, 6 tbsp.
- Butter, 5 tbsp.
- Evaporated Milk, 4 tbsp.
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp.
- In one bowl, add confectioner's sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well, and let it set for about 5 minutes.
- Take another bowl and add butter, evaporated milk, and gradually beat this mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract, and then again beat it until the batter is light and fluffy. You can decide the consistency of the frost, as per your choice.
- Then you mix the two mixtures together, and your yummy creamy chocolate frosting is ready to be enjoyed.
For a mouth-watering chocolate cake, there can be nothing better than a rich, creamy chocolate frosting. So, read on for the secret of cocoa power.
- Icing sugar, 200 g
- Dark chocolate, 160 g
- Salted Butter, 110 g
- Sour cream, ¾ cup
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp.
- Hot water
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a sauce pan, until it turns smooth, and then whisk it with any syrup of your choice along with vanilla extract.
- Whisk the icing sugar gradually, and then add sour cream to blend it well.
- Add a small amount of hot water, a spoon at a time, and stir well for 15 minutes.
- Stand this mixture for about half an hour, till it can be spread, and then it is ready to be a delicious dark chocolate cake frosting.
Some of the best frostings have almost the same recipes with a few changes in flavor done by adding some fruit syrups or vegetable juices like sweet corn. They can make a very big difference in the tastes. Regional chocolate frostings, like the ones made in France, Italy, or Great Britain are gaining a large audience throughout the world. Children love chocolates, but giving them dark chocolates which consist almost 35% cocoa and at least 10% of alkaloids, can prove harmful for them.
To enjoy chocolate in its most raw form or lindt form, which consists about 70 - 85% of cocoa, it's advisable to mix it with other supplements, such as milk or cream to reduce its toxicity. This can be easily done by making dark chocolate frosting and spreading them on a healthy cake of any flavor or a pan cake, or even an ordinary breakfast so that it does not prove harmful for the body. Chocolates can be injurious, only if they are eaten out of proportion, as they have sugar and milk, which contain certain fatty substances that adhere to our intestines and increase our fat levels.
We would conclude by saying that the cocoa bean is a legend, which will never fade with time so for all you chocoholics there, make the most you can out of dark chocolate, and come up with some of your own chocolate cake recipes. Baking cakes is fun, so as long as there is chocolate, keep baking!