Using fondant to make the ladybugs will give your cupcakes a more sophisticated and professional look. It is perfect for tea parties or any other social events.
Ladybug cupcakes are hit during birthday parties, picnics, school parties, or any other occasion involving kids. Not that adults can't have them! They look so good and taste even better. Moreover, they are easy to make. You can instantly be the star of a party with these cupcakes. If you want to experiment with cupcakes this time, these cuties will instantly cheer everybody. You can make ladybugs with candy coating, chocolate chips, licorice, or fondue. Buzzle has laid out a few ideas that you can try your hand at.
Easy Recipes to Make Ladybug Cupcakes
Recipe #1: Using Icing
- Cupcakes, 12
- Black icing, 1 lb 2 oz.
- Black icing for the eyes, 1 lb
- Red icing for the wings, 1 lb 2 oz.
- White icing for the eyes, 1 lb ¾ oz.
- Cornflour, as required
- White chocolate, 3 lb
- Cream, 450 ml
1. Boil the cream, and add the white chocolate to it.
2. Let it cool and set it overnight. This is called a ganache.
3. Cover the cupcakes with it, and let it set for a couple of hours.
4. Knead the black icing into a dough, and add cornflour to make it.
5. Similarly, make circles of the red icing as well.
6. Roll black icing into very small circles for the dots.
7. Make eyes with the white icing.
8. Voila! Your delicious ladybug cake is ready.
Recipe #2: Strawberry Ladybug Cupcakes
- Your favorite cupcakes, 6
- Confectioners' sugar, 4 cups
- Butter, 1 cup
- Strawberry syrup, 5 tbsp.
- Red food coloring, 2 drops
- Candy, for eyes
1. Mix the butter and confectioners' sugar.
2. Beat the mixture, and add the strawberry syrup slowly.
3. Add red food color for additional coloring.
4. Frost the cupcakes.
5. Make the eyes with candies.
6. Also sprinkle some on the rest of the body.
7. You can do the detailing as you wish.
8. Refrigerate overnight. Your yummy ladybug cupcakes are ready.
Recipe #3: Using Candy Coating
- Cupcakes, 6
- Butter Cream, 2 cups
- Chocolate chips, as required
- Red candy coating, ½ cup
- Black food coloring pen
- Green food color gel, 2 tbsp.
1. Melt the candy coating, and put it in a piping bag.
2. Take a waxed cookie sheet, and make red dots on it.
3. Use chocolate chips as heads of the ladybugs. You can use different sizes for variety.
4. Freeze for 5 - 10 minutes.
5. Make details on the ladybugs using food coloring pen.
6. Your ladybugs are ready!
7. Now, add some green food coloring gel in the butter cream and mix properly.
8. Create grass-like frosting using a piping bag on your cupcakes.
9. Add the ladybugs, and serve!
Recipe #4: Fondant Ladybugs
- Cupcakes, 12
- Green fondant, 10 oz.
- Black fondant, 6 oz.
- Red fondant, 6 oz.
- White fondant, 1 oz.
- Black edible pen
- Water, as required
1. Take the red fondant, roll it into a small ball, and flatten it.
2. Make a small ball of the black fondant and stick it to the red body.
3. You can use little water to stick it.
4. Let it dry completely.
5. Now make black spots on the body using an black edible marker.
6. Quick and easy, your ladybugs are ready!
7. Roll the green fondant in to small circles.
8. Cover the entire cupcake with it. Decorate with ladybugs.
Serve ladybug cupcakes with fruit juice for a kid's picnic.
You can also make a huge ladybug cake and several smaller versions of it for a theme birthday party.
These cupcakes are very yummy, and you will have lots of fun making them too. They are perfect goodies to cheer someone. Happy baking!