Mashed potato is a wonderful side dish served with meat, poultry, and vegetarian dishes. If you search online, you will find hundreds of recipes with different ingredients and steps to make a bowl of mashed potatoes. However, not all of these concoctions may please you. So the best thing to do is, try different recipes and find the one that makes your heart and stomach happy.
- Potatoes, 3½ pounds
- Kosher Salt, 2 tablespoons
- Half and Half, 2 cups
- Garlic Cloves (crushed), 6
- Parmesan Cheese (grated), 6 ounces
- Peel and dice potatoes. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water.
- Add salt to the pot and bring the water to a boil on medium heat.
- Let the potatoes cook for 25 minutes, or till they are tender.
- In a saucepan, heat half and half along with garlic over medium heat, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove them from heat and keep it aside. Remove potatoes from heat and drain the water.
- Mash the potatoes with a masher and add the garlic-cream mixture along with Parmesan cheese to the potatoes.
- Stir well, do a taste test, and serve.
- Potatoes, 2 lbs
- Scallions (chopped), 2
- Cream, 6 tablespoons
- Celery Stalk, 1
- Unsalted Butter, 3 tablespoons
- Garlic Cloves (crushed), 2
- Bay Leaf, 1
- Salt, to taste
- Ground Pepper, to taste
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water.
- Add salt, crushed garlic, scallions, celery, and bay leaf to the water.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- When the water starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium and let the potatoes cook for 25 minutes, or till they are tender.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and remove the large pieces of vegetables and herbs.
- Put the potatoes back into the pot and shake them over medium heat so that excess water evaporates.
- Cover the potatoes and set aside.
- In a saucepan, put butter and cream over low heat.
- Mash the potatoes with a masher and pour warm cream-butter mixture over the potatoes and whip properly.
- Add salt and pepper, do a taste test, and serve warm with softened butter.