Cosmopolitan cocktail is very popular with the women all around. This classic fruit tasting cocktail is made by mixing vodka with cranberry juice and triple sec. People also use freshly squeezed lime juice in it. Cosmopolitan is also known as Cosmo to many people.
The discovery of cosmopolitan goes way back to the 1970s. There is a story that credits John Caine with discovering it, John Caine a very famous bar owner in San Francisco, brought this drink to San Francisco from the mid west. Many people also say that this drink was independently developed by various bartenders in the late 70s. This drink was further popularized in the mid 1990s', as it was often mentioned in the hit TV series Sex and the City. This drink was ordered often by Carrie Bradshaw, the central character of the show played by Sarah Jessica Parker. Cosmopolitan has far less calories than most of the cocktails, a normal cosmopolitan recipe contains 270 calories.
How to Make a Cosmopolitan
Cosmopolitan or Cosmo is one of the most popular drinks made from vodka. It is sweet in taste and has a fantastic presentation, if presented well.
- 2 oz vodka citron
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 1 oz triple sec
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail glass
- Put ice in the cocktail shaker.
- Pour all the ingredients in a shaker and shake well.
- Pour it in a chilled cocktail glass and garnish it with lemon wedge and serve.
Watermelon Cosmopolitan Vodka
- 1 oz Smirnoff vodka
- ½ oz triple sec
- ½ oz cranberry juice
- ½ oz Smirnoff watermelon vodka
- 1 splash rose's lime juice
- 1 splash sweet and sour mix
- Shake your vodkas, triple sec, rose lime juice and sweet and sour splash and cranberry juice vigorously in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain it into a cocktail glass and garnish it with a lime wedge and serve.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- You can use absolute citron vodka and freshly squeezed lime juice. To make it sweet, you can also add a pinch of sugar.
- Pour the vodka, orange liqueur and pomegranate juice into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. (I would recommend to use freshly squeezed pomegranate juice.)
- Shake nicely for a minute and pour it into a cocktail glass and serve chilled.
How to Make a Cosmopolitan Attractive
Mentioned below are tips which will give you a detailed idea on how to make a cosmopolitan attractive.
- Always serve your cosmopolitan in an unusually shaped drinking glass. Give your cocktail glass a frosted edge by dipping the rim into lemon juice and dipping it into sugar.
- Always serve your cocktails in colorful coasters. The final presentation of your drink is very important, use colorful drinking coasters, drink umbrellas, swizzle sticks, colorful straws and even sparklers.
- Always use sticks or skewer fruits and place them on the rim of cocktail glasses and add a twist to your cocktail.
- Always opt for crushed ice, to make crushed ice just place ice cubes in a plastic bag and crush the ice with a heavy object.
Cosmopolitan drink is an ideal choice to beat the summer heat and, for small house-warming parties and gatherings. Try these various cocktail recipes mentioned above and create a stir among your friends.