A steak is a delicious and filling dinner option and it can be prepared in a minimal amount of time. All you need, to go with them are mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and a simple salad. Always make sure that the meat is fully thawed and that you have taken it out of the refrigerator at least an hour before cooking. The best way to prepare steaks is to marinade them so that the meat turns out to be tender and full of flavor.
Most people ask the question as to how long does the entire process of cooking take? The answer is that it depends upon the size and cut of the steak. A sirloin cut which is very tender takes just 10 to 12 minutes, while a more tougher cut of meat might require up to 20 minutes. The most important thing to remember is that while cooking steak in the oven, one should never overcook it, as the meat will turn dry and tasteless. Another important point to remember is that, a steak should be cooked at a high temperature of about 350º C to 450º C so that its outside is seared and the inside is still soft and juicy.
- Preheat the oven to 375º C.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, ground coriander seeds, cumin, and red pepper powder.
- Rub this mixture over the meat and let it sit in this dry marinade for half an hour.
- In a baking pan, coat the sirloin with vegetable oil and roast it for 10 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steak from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into thin slices.
- Place the flank on a baking dish and season it with black pepper, salt, and Worcestershire sauce making sure that you rub the mixture in.
- Cover the baking dish with a cling film and refrigerate for at least two hours. This allows the marinade to make the meat more soft and succulent.
- Apply olive oil with a brush on the grill rack of your oven and also on the flank.
- Place the meat on the heated rack and grill for 8 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the steak to a platter and wrap it with aluminum foil.
- Allow it to stand for 10 minutes, and then cut it diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Sprinkle the T-bone steak with salt and peppercorns and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425º C, place the meat on a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the roasting tin inside the oven and sear the steak for a few minutes on both sides until it is browned all over.
- Now, remove the meat from the tin and place it in a platter.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic into the roasting tin and place it in the hot oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When the onions are golden brown in color, add the beef broth, white wine, and sherry and bring it to a boil.
- When the sauce is reduced to half remove it from the oven and pour it into a small bowl. Add the butter into the sauce and whisk it in.
- Place the steak in a plate and pour the pepper and butter sauce over it to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 425º C.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter with the finely chopped parsley, shallots, and garlic and mix well so that the butter is softened.
- Melt this butter mixture over a pan and pour it back to the bowl.
- Rub the steaks with salt and black pepper and sear it over high heat in a skillet.
- Now, place them in a roasting tin and pour the flavored butter over them.
- Pop the roasting tin inside the heated oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest before serving with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
Once you know the correct way to prepare steak in the oven, you will find it quite easy to do. The best thing about cooking steak in the oven is that unlike grills, the steak does not have the tendency to get charred.