Most people, especially those who are new to cooking, tend to shy away from pork recipes, because they feel that cooking a large piece of meat can prove to be difficult. But this is not true. Cooking pork roast is an extremely easy process that just requires some time. Slow cooking allows the meat to soak in the flavors of the seasoning and also allows it to become tender and moist, thus making it a treat for the taste buds.
Several people prefer cooking the meat by following pork loin marinade recipe which needs you to marinate the pork for at least a few hours before you cook it. The cooking methods given below do not require you to marinate the meat.
In Crock Pot
- Pork (fully thawed), 2-3 pounds
- Carrots (chopped), one bag
- Potatoes (peeled and cut), 5
- Beef flavored bouillon cubes, 3
- Place the pork in the Crock Pot.
- Add in the cut potatoes and carrots, placing them all around the roast. This will allow the flavors of the roast to be imbibed by the vegetables.
- Cover the Crock Pot with water till the top level. Allow the water to cover the pork completely.
- Add in the beef bouillon cubes. Allow them to immerse in water completely so that they dissolve properly.
- Turn on the crock pot and allow the roast to cook for at least 8 hours till the roast is tender and the vegetables are soft. This recipe works very well if you are cooking pork shoulder roast.
- Pork loin, 3-6 pounds
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Remember that you will need to prepare the grill at least 3 hours before you intend to cook the roast. The grill is ready to use when the flames have died and the coals glow red-hot.
- Rub the pork generously with salt and pepper. Once you are done with the seasoning, place it at the center of the grill with the bones facing downwards; cover the grill.
- Use the thermometer provided with the grill to monitor the temperature inside. The cooking temperature for pork roast should be around 275-300 °F. It should take around 45 minutes for the cooking process.
- The internal temperature of the grill would be around 155 °F once it is done. Take it off the grill and allow it to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Cooking in Oven
- Pork, 2-3 pounds
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Dried spices, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Add the dried spice, salt, and black pepper to the olive oil and mix them together.
- Rub this mixture of spices all over the pork roast. Now cover the pork roast in a tin foil and place it in the oven which has been pre-heated to 450 °F.
- Allow it to cook for 10 minutes. After that, reset the temperature to 250 °F. The cooking time in this method is around an hour and a half.
- Remove the roast from the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes before serving.