Italian sausages can be used for making different mouth-watering dishes. They can make the simplest of dishes taste divine. They can be used to add a unique flavor to stews and soups. One of the easiest ways of cooking sausages is in the oven. It is not messy and does not require turning the sausages frequently.
- 12 hot or sweet turkey Italian sausages
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can tomatoes (diced)
- 1½ cups penne pasta (cooked)
- 1½ cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan (grated)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- Remove the casings from the sausages and place them in a roasting tray with a bit of olive oil.
- Roast the sausages in a 350 °F preheated oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven when the sausages turn brown.
- Add the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, penne pasta, baby spinach leaves, and dried basil to the tray.Mix them together, and place the tray back into the oven.
- Let the mixture cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the pasta in bowls. Garnish it with the fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
- 12 chorizo sausages
- 400 g small scallop meat
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Slice the chorizo sausages into thick discs and place them in a shallow baking tin.
- Let them cook in a 350 °F preheated oven for 5-6 minutes without oil.
- After some time, the chorizo will release oil.
- Remove the baking tin from the oven and transfer the roasted sausages to a bowl.
- Add the scallops to the baking tin which contains the chorizo oil.
- Place it back in the oven and let the scallops cook for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the sausages back to the baking tin, and pour in the lemon juice and wine.
- Let them cook again until the liquid reduces to half.
- Garnish the chorizo and scallops with parsley and serve.
- 4 small potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 6 eggs
- 6 sausages (cut into thick slices)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan filled with water along with half of the sea salt.
- Let the mixture simmer until the potatoes are cooked; drain them in a colander.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs in a bowl, add the salt and pepper to them, and whisk with a fork.
- In a large oven-friendly frying pan, fry the sausages and potatoes in the olive oil.
- Remove them with the help of a slotted spoon, when cooked.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the same pan, and transfer the cooked potatoes and sausages back to it.
- Spread the egg evenly and place the pan in the oven.
- Let it cook until the omelet turns golden-brown. Serve it with a green salad.
- 6 hot Italian sausages
- 2 tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 red onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 red bell peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 green bell peppers (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large roasting pan, add the sausages and pour a bit of oil over them.
- Add onions, red and green bell peppers, garlic, tomatoes, fennel seeds, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Place the pan in a 350 °F preheated oven.
- Let the it cook for 10-15 minutes until the liquid has evaporated and the sausages and vegetables turn tender. Serve.
These were some delicious dishes that you can make using Italian sausages. You can make many dishes in the same way, by using various ingredients.