Did You Know?
The first documented recipe of icing (or frosting) dates back to 1769 and is credited to Elizabeth Raffald, who included it in her book, The Experienced English Housekeeper.
Chocolate is a favorite ingredient in many food recipes due to its smooth, rich, and mysterious flavor and its sensuously sweet aroma. It can be used to prepare a variety of desserts. Chocolate icing is one of the most yummy icings that is a classic favorite. A sweet, light, chocolate icing simply makes fluffy as well as moist cakes taste and look great.
Here are some delicious chocolate icing recipes to tempt your sweet tooth. You can try different variations using other ingredients, such as dry instant coffee, orange juice, peanut, or honey and butter.
Take your pick...
- In a small bowl, mix together cocoa, margarine or butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Then, add half of the sugar to this mixture. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the sugar to obtain the desired consistency, so that icing will spread well on the cake.
- Spread the chocolate icing on cake after the latter has cooled down to room temperature.
- Sift together cocoa and sugar and add butter to this mixture.
- Add milk and bring the mixture to boil while stirring it slowly and continuously.
- Boil it only for a minute.
- Then, add 1 tsp. of vanilla essence.
- Pour this mixture into a small mixing bowl and beat until it becomes smooth and spreadable.
- In a mixing bowl, mix powdered sugar, cocoa butter, hot coffee, and Amaretto liqueur together.
- Then, add butter and salt. Mix well.
- Beat well, until it becomes smooth.
- Now, your chocolate frosting is ready. Spread it on a cake that has cooled down to room temperature.
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature.
- Beat it well using a hand blender until it becomes smooth and soft.
- Add sifted cocoa, icing sugar, and vanilla extract to the beaten cream cheese.
- Mix it well, until it becomes fluffy and light.
- You can use this frosting to provide a chocolate cream layer in the center and as a decorative frosting.
- Melt the chocolate and cool it.
- Beat together the powdered sugar and butter.
- Add melted chocolate to this mixture.
- Then, add mashed banana and vanilla. Mix it well.
- Then, add enough milk to obtain the spreading consistency.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and milk and heat over medium heat.
- Keep stirring constantly, until it melts.
- Bring it to boil and boil for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Then, remove the mixture from heat.
- Add chocolate chips to this mixture and stir until it completely melts.
- Spread this frosting on the cake after it has cooled down.
If a mere mention of chocolate gets your inner glutton somersaulting with fervent joy, these recipes are a surefire way to satiate the chocoholic in you as well as showcase your culinary skills in the most tempting way ever!