Chocolate Chip Pretzel Rods Sprinkled with Almonds
- 24 pretzel rods
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups almonds
- Combine chocolate chips with vegetable oil and place the bowl on a double boiler.
- Ensure that the water is not boiling, but is on simmer; we don't want to burn the chocolate.
- When the chocolate is melting, ensure you continue to stir the mixture.
- The entire process won't take much time. Once the chocolate melts, dip each of the pretzel halfway through the chocolate syrup.
- Place the pretzels in a baking sheet that is covered with wax paper.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds on top and let the chocolate turn solid.
- 10 ounces pretzel rods
- 12 ounces milk chocolate
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Candy sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler.
- If you are using the microwave, after every 30 seconds, stir the mixture to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Dip the pretzel rods halfway in the melted chocolate.
- Place it on a baking sheet that is covered with wax paper.
- Melt white chocolate chips on a double boiler and with a fork, drizzle the melted chocolate on the rods.
- Drizzle candy sprinkles on top and let the chocolate settle completely.
- Alternately, you can also roll the rods in the sprinkle s as well.