But, there are so many frosting varieties that choosing the right frosting becomes very important. You put in so many efforts to bake the perfect cake at home, you wouldn't want to ruin it with the wrong frosting, would you?
Check out some sumptuous frosting recipes here that enhance the taste of your cake! The first is a recipe for chocolate butter-cream frosting, but, you could use unsweetened white chocolate and add any tasteless food color of your choice for frosting. The kids and adults will relish them alike.
- All-purpose flour, sifted, 4 tbsp.
- Milk, 1 cup
- Unsweetened chocolate, 6 - 8 squares
- Butter, cold or frozen, 1 cup
- Granulated sugar, 2 cups
- Vanilla, ½ tsp.
- In a saucepan, heat together sugar, milk and chocolate.
- Then, whisk in all-purpose flour.
- Keep stirring, until the mixture becomes thick.
- It would take about 4 minutes.
- Then, remove the pan from heat and put it into refrigerator to cool down.
- When it becomes thick, take out from the freezer.
- When your chocolate cake is ready, take out the frosting from the freezer.
- Cut cold butter into chunks and add into partially cooled chocolate mix.
- With an electric mixer, whip at medium speed, till butter mixes well.
- Then, whip the frosting at high speed for about 5 minutes, until it becomes fluffy and light.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled chocolate cake.
- Cocoa powder, 1 cup
- Butter, 1 cup
- Confectioner's sugar, 4 cups
- Heavy cream, ½ cup
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp.
- In a small mixing bowl, soften the butter.
- Then, add cocoa, confectioner's sugar and vanilla extract to the butter.
- Gradually, beat it. Then, add milk, until you obtain the right consistency.
- Then, frost your chocolate cake beautifully.
- Evaporated milk, ¾ cup
- Cornstarch, 1 tbsp.
- Egg yolks, 2
- Sugar, ¾ cup
- Toasted nuts, chopped, ¾ cup
- Coconut flakes, ¾ cup
- Margarine, 1 tbsp.
- Water, 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla, 1 tbsp.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks. Add sugar, milk and margarine to it.
- Cook this mixture over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add water and cornstarch, constantly stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add nuts, coconut and vanilla.
- Now, your frosting is ready to be spread on the German chocolate cake.
- It tastes best when refrigerated.
- Sugar, 1 cup
- Milk powder, ½ cup
- Butter, 2 tbsp.
- Peanut butter (smooth or crunchy), ½ cup
- Vanilla, 1 tsp.
- In a saucepan, heat together sugar, milk powder and butter.
- Allow it to boil for about 2 minutes. Then, add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Stir, until it becomes smooth.
- Cream cheese, softened, 125g
- Dark or milk chocolate, grated, 30g
- Honey, ¼ cup
- Unsalted butter, softened, 125g
- In a small mixing bowl, put cream cheese and butter.
- Mix well using an electric mixer, until it becomes fluffy and light.
- Then, add honey and grated chocolate, and mix well, until well combined.
Here's hoping you make an awesome cake for your family and friends with help from the these recipes. All the best!