Chinese cabbage salad flavored with chicken pieces and seasoned fruits is utterly delicious. The uniqueness of the salad comes from the blend of 'Chinese themed ingredients', and such authentic recipes are served in every part of the world where Chinese cuisine is appreciated. They make wonderful side dishes with Chinese food like manchurian, schezwan rice, hakka noodles, dumplings and dim sums. I hope you can almost imagine the picture of these scrumptious dishes served with cabbage salad and a bowl of hot soup. Let's go ahead with the recipes to prepare it at home.
Chinese Cabbage Salad Recipes
At the outset I must tell you that Chinese cabbage salad calories are completely dependent on the ingredients you add. The calories will definitely be high when the salad is dressed with dollops of butter and cheese. If you are conscious about fitness, then use them in moderation.
A lot of variations exist while preparing Chinese cabbage salad and this is mostly associated with the ingredients used. However, my personal favorite is the one that contains chicken slices with spring onions and chopped lettuce leaves. When dressed with pineapple and white wine seasonings, it tastes amazing! The other variation is a little unconventional, containing peanuts, bamboo shoots, Mandarin orange slices, almonds and water chestnuts. The salad is usually served as an appetizer or as side dishes with the main course menu.
One of the significant factor of the typical Chinese cabbage salad dressing that adds a zing and tang to the salads is when it is blended well with sugar and vinegar. You can add fruit dressing to it for a more continental approach. Make sure that the salad is seasoned properly with it. In this context, you can browse some salad dressing recipes.
- Shredded cabbage, 4 cups
- Shredded carrot, 2
- Rice vinegar, 1½ tsp
- White sugar, 2 tsp
- Crushed Ramen noodles, 1 packet
- Sesame oil, ½ tsp
- Olive oil , 1/3 cup
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Black pepper, ¼ tsp
- Salt, ½ tsp
- First roast the sesame seeds in a skillet until they turn brown in color.
- Combine Ramen noodles, olive oil, sugar, pepper, salt and sesame oil to prepare the dressing.
- Crush the Ramen noodles and then mix with carrots and cabbage and spread the dressing over it.
- Toss the ingredients properly and then top the salad with the roasted sesame seeds.
- Chinese cabbage, chopped 1
- Diced green onions, 5
- Butter, ½ cup
- Silvered almonds, 1 sm
- Sesame seeds, ½ cup
- Ramen noodle, 1 packets
- Salad oil, ½ cup
- Vinegar, ½ cup
- Soy sauce, 2 tsp
- Salad oil, ½ cup
- Sugar, 1 cup
- First prepare the dressing by melting sugar into the oil. Then mix with vinegar and soy sauce.
- Fry the noodles, almonds and sesame seeds into the butter till they turn brown in color.
- Dice the onions and then chop it. Mix with shredded cabbage and then chill it at least for 1½ hours.
- Take the salad out from the refrigerator and then toss with the dressing.
- Shredded cabbage, 1 pound
- Minced ginger, 1 tsp
- Chopped cilantro, 2 tsp
- Golden raisins, 1/3 cup
- Slices green onions, 2
- Diced red apple, 1
- Toasted sesame seeds, 1
- Dark sesame oil, 1 tsp
- Cider vinegar, 6 tsps
- Sugar, 3 tsp
- Mix the sugar in sesame oil and then add ginger, apple and vinegar in a large bowl. Stir the ingredients.
- Mix onions, cabbage, raisins, cilantro and sesame seeds in a separate bowl. Cool it for half an hour.
- Dress it with the apple mixture and blend the ingredients. Then serve.
- Chinese cabbage, 1 pound
- Sesame seeds, 4 tsp
- Sunflower seeds, 4 tsps
- Chicken flavor, Ramen Oriental noodles, 2 pkg
- White wine vinegar, 4 tsps
- Brown sugar, 3 tsp
- Salad oil, ½ cup
- Make the dressing for the cabbage salad by mixing brown sugar with salad oil. Add white wine vinegar sauce to it.
- Toast the noodles with sunflower and sesame seeds till it becomes a little crispy.
- Mix the shredded cabbage with noodles, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Add the dressing from the top and then toss the salad.
That was a handy 'cook guide' for making Chinese cabbage salad. I hope you have found the recipes simple enough to make a quick serving at home. You can improvise with the ingredients to come with new flavor and taste. Add less cheese and butter to keep it healthy for you.