If you are making a conscious effort to adhere to a healthy diet, then adding salmon to your meals would make them delicious diet meals. Rich in omega-3 fats, salmon tastes incredible if you add a dash of spices to it. Having salmon twice a week gives the body the much-needed proteins and amino acid. This highly nutritious food option, when coupled with cheese, tastes absolutely splendid!
Baked Salmon in Cheese Sauce
- 12 ounce salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of dill
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of reduced fat cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the fillets into four pieces and preheat the oven at 425°F.
- Season the fillets with salt, pepper lemon juice, dill leaves and olive oil.
- For better marination, make slits on the flesh. This will allow all the juices and flavors to seep in. Let this sit for about 30 minutes.
- Next, cover the fish in foil and bake it in the preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake it for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add milk and cream to the cheese. In a double boiler, stir this mixture till all the ingredients melt completely. The mixture must reach a thick consistency. Put in the onion powder for the flavor.
- Remove the fillets onto a serving plate and pour the cheese sauce on it. Serve this hot with some white wine.
Parmesan Cheese Baked Salmon
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoonful lemon juice
- 10 crushed crackers
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400°F, and season the fillets with lemon juice and a little bit of pepper. Once again make the slits for better marination.
- In a bowl, mix a bowl of mayonnaise, grated mayonnaise and the remaining pepper. Use a blender to mix all these ingredients well.
- Next, spread this mixture evenly on the salmon fillets and cover them with foil. Sprinkle the crackers on top and place it in the oven.
- Bake it for about 15 - 20 minutes till the salmon easily breaks off with a fork.
Salmon Baked with Cheese and Spinach
- 4 salmon fillets without skin
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- 2 cups olive oil
- Wash the spinach and boil it for a while, till the leaves wilt.
- Throw away the water and add nutmeg, salt and pepper to the cooked spinach. Pour in the cream cheese too and whip it well.
- Make a half-inch slit in the salmon fillet and fill it with the spinach mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, butter and Parmesan cheese. Blend these well and top the layer of salmon with this mix.
- Next, brush the fillet with the remaining olive oil and place it in a preheated oven at 450°F.
- Bake the salmon for 15 - 20 minutes.
While buying the fish, make sure it is fresh. The more pink it is in color, the more fresh the meat will be. You can add any herbs or vegetables to suit your taste buds. Cheese makes each and every food item tasty and a great hit amongst kids. Thus, use this fish recipe as a disguise to feed your children green leafy vegetables, which are usually detested by them.