Cauliflower recipes are quite popular side dishes, known for their unique taste and nutrition. It is really easy to make a cauliflower casserole dish, and it can be done quite quickly. You can add and experiment with a number of ingredients to add to its nutritive value and taste.
This dish can also help all the mothers who have a tough time feeding veggies to their children. You can also use food leftovers as ingredients in these casserole recipes. It will not take more than half an hour to cook up a yummy cauliflower casserole dish, and it is an ideal dish for unexpected guests. Here are some easy recipes for you to try.
- Cauliflower, 1 head
- Green bell pepper (large, chopped), 1
- Onion (large, chopped), 1
- Milk, 1 ½ cups
- Cheddar cheese (shredded, divided), 1 cup
- Buttered bread crumbs or French-fried onion crumbs, ½ cup
- Butter, 3 tsps.
- Flour, 3 tsps.
- Salt, 1 pinch
- Prepare the sauce first by melting the butter over low heat, then add the flour and stir well.
- Once the flour is mixed in well, add the milk gradually and stir continuously.
- When this thickens, add to it the cheese and mix well.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, and put it into a pan containing water and salt.
- Bring it to a boil and cover and cook for around ten minutes until the florets turn tender.
- Then add the sauce to this.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with butter and pour the cauliflower and sauce mixture in it for baking.
- Bake this at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with grated cheese or fried onions.
- Cauliflower florets, 4 cups
- Cooked ham (cubed), 2 cups
- Milk, 1 cup
- Mushrooms (sliced), 1 ½ cups
- Butter or margarine, 2 tsps.
- Flour, 2 tsps.
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the cauliflower, mushrooms, and ham separately, and then mix all the three together, and add some salt and pepper to it for taste.
- To make the sauce, melt some butter in a pan on low heat, and stir in some flour.
- Add some milk to this, and stir till it thickens well.
- Then, add the sour cream and cheese, stir and mix until the cheese melts completely.
- Place the cauliflower, mushrooms, and ham mixture in a casserole dish, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture, garnish with some bread crumbs, and put it to bake for 30 minutes.
- Cauliflower florets, 4 cups
- Dried white rice or brown rice, 1 cup
- Grated sharp cheddar cheese, 1 cup
- Eggs, 2
- Condensed cream of mushroom soup can, 10 oz.
- French-fried onions
- Roast the cauliflower along with some onions using the spice that you want. Make sure it's nice and crispy.
- Boil or cook the rice, but make sure you do not overcook it.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they turn fluffy, and add to this the roasted cauliflower, onions, and half of the rice.
- Also add the condensed cream of the mushroom soup and some grated cheddar cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, mix all these ingredients well, and pour it into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle some fried onions over this and bake for 30 minutes.
These were some of the popular cauliflower casserole recipes. You can try making one with lots of veggies or any other meat. Make sure you bake the dish and garnish it well before serving. Bon appetit!