As chicken consists of low amounts of saturated fatty acids, it is preferred by the most non-vegetarians. You can use chicken in various forms. If you are concerned about food safety and quality, then canned chicken is an excellent option for you. It's easy to make and quite delicious. Select a combination of dark and white meat to achieve a rich flavor.
- 1 can, white and dark meat chicken, drained
- 16 oz. box farfalle pasta
- 2 cups, frozen cut leaf spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 cup, mayonnaise
- 10 oz. container refrigerated pesto
- ¼ cup, milk
- 1 cup, plain yogurt
- 1 cup, cashew halves
- 16 oz. frozen baby peas
- 2 tablespoons, lemon juice
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- First, cook pasta according to the directions given on the package and then drain the water.
- Mix the pesto, lemon juice, and thawed spinach in a food processor. Process it until blended well.
- In a large bowl, combine the pesto mixture, milk, plain yogurt, and mayonnaise and whisk, until mixed well.
- Then, add chicken, grape tomatoes, and bell peppers. Cover the top with peas.
- Add the pasta and cashews to it and mix well.
- Refrigerate it at least for 2 hours before serving.
- 3 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 cup, mayonnaise
- 1 bunch broccoli (chopped)
- 1 package Stove Top cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 can, cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup, butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon, garlic powder
- Steam the broccoli and place them in a casserole dish. Place a layer of chicken on the top of the broccoli.
- Mix together mayonnaise, cream of mushroom soup and garlic powder. Place this mixture on the top of chicken and broccoli.
- Mix melted butter with dry stuffing mix and seasonings.
- Bake it in preheated oven at 350 ºF for about 30 minutes.
- 6 oz. can white meat chicken (drained)
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 cup, frozen corn
- 1½ cup, whole milk
- 1 cup, refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons, flour
- In a saucepan, cook the bacon until crispy and brown. Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add onions to the drippings in the pan and cook for about 4 mins with frequent stirring, until it becomes tender. Sprinkle some flour over onions and cook for 1 min. Then, milk. Cook with frequent stirring, until the mix comes to boils and becomes thick.
- Then, add corn and potatoes to the mixture. Bring it to boil and then reduce heat. Cover the pan and boil slowly for about 10-15 minutes, until potatoes become tender.
- Then, add chicken and heat thoroughly. Before serving, sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- ¼ cup, shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons, Chablis or white dry wine
- 2 cup, sliced mushrooms
- ½ tablespoon, dried whole tarragon
- 1 teaspoon, lime juice
- 1 teaspoon, minced fresh parsley
- Cut tough ends of asparagus and remove its scales with a vegetable peeler. Keep it aside.
- Trim fat from chicken. Keep each breast half between wax papers and flatten it to achieve a thickness of ¼ inch.
- Place 3 asparagus spears on each chicken breast. Top them with 1 teaspoon cheese. Roll it up lengthwise and secure it using the wooden picks.
- Keep the seam side down in a glass pie plate coated with cooking spray. Cover each roll with plastic wrap, keeping one corner open.
- Microwave for about 5-6 mins. Let chicken rolls stand covered for about 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine together wine, mushrooms, tarragon, and lime juice. Microwave the mixture for about 2-3 mins. Serve with chicken asparagus rolls.