Cake frosting or icing, is a sweet glaze made of sugar that often contains butter, water, egg whites, milk, and added flavorings. It is used to cover and decorate baked goods like cakes or even cookies. If you are bored with ready-made cake frosting or the same old flavors that they have to offer, here are some innovative recipes that you can try.
- Blend the egg whites and sugar. Make a fine paste of the almonds.
- Mix the it with sugar and egg white mix and add a hint of vanilla.
- Pound the mixture continuously for 10-15 minutes until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Cover the cake with the marzipan almond icing.
- It goes well with any kind of cake be it chocolate, vanilla or carrot cake.
- Just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- This coffee icing goes well with almond cake, chocolate cake, coffee cake, or any other cakes with a milder flavor.
- Add the egg yolk and the sugar to a bowl and beat until the sugar is completely dissolves.
- Now, add all the other ingredients and blend for about ten minutes.
- If your want a more natural taste to it, add fresh orange pulp instead of the orange juice.
- ½ cup, butter
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon, vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons, heavy cream
- Add the cream, butter, and sugar to a bowl and mix it well.
- Now, add the vanilla extract and mix again till smooth and frothy.
- Caramel frosting tastes heavenly with almond cookies as well.
- Mix all the ingredients and broil them until sugar is melted and starts bubbling.
- Be very careful while making this frosting since the mixture can burn very easily.
- Coconut frosting goes well for coconut cookies, fruitcakes, or vanilla flavored baked goods.
- 8 ounces, thawed blueberries
- 5 teaspoons, agar agar
- 8 ounces, cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons, maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon, vanilla extract
- Heat the puréed blueberries and agar agar in saucepan, bring to a boil and stir briskly.
- Cool the blueberry gel until it solidifies
- Now, mix the cream cheese, blueberry gel, maple syrup, and vanilla and blend well.
- First of all, beat the cream cheese and butter and then, add sugar and watermelon juice.
- Blend the mixture for a couple of minutes until the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.