If you won't have access to a grill, choose to broil steak for best results. It is also one of the easiest methods to get the perfect caramelization on the meat.
Steak Recipe # 1
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
- Salt, 2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper, ¼ tsp
- Steak, 1 pound
- Preheat the broiler to broil steak.
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, salt, and pepper and rub the marinade on the steak.
- Now place steak in the broiler pan, but on a rack.
- Make sure that the pan is at least 4 to 6 inches away from heat and let the steak broil for 10 minutes.
- Turn the steak over and let it broil again for another 8 to 10 minutes till they are done.
- Place the steak on a carving board to carve thin steak slices.
Steak Recipe # 2
- Onion (sliced), 1
- Red Wine Vinegar, ½ cup
- Dried Oregano, ½ tsp
- Garlic (crushed), 2 cloves
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Black Pepper, ¼ tsp
- Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
- Olive Paste, 4 tbsp
- Steak Strips, 6
- In a mixing bowl, mix together onion, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and 2 tablespoons of olive paste.
- Then add steak to the mixture and coat the steak well with the marinade.
- Cover steak with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 45 to 60 minutes.
- While you place the steak in the refrigerator, heat the broiler.
- Remove the plastic and any clinging onion from the steak and place it in the broiler pan.
- Place the pan about 3 to 4 inches from heat, for about 4 to 5 minutes, till you see brown edges.
- Flip steak over and let it broil for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the broiler and serve it immediately with olive paste.
Steak Recipe # 3
- Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Ground Cumin, 1 tsp
- Salt, ½ tsp
- Garlic Powder, ½ tsp
- Dried Thyme, ½ tsp
- Cinnamon, ½ tsp
- Cayenne, ¼ tsp
- Flank Steak, 1 pound
- Preheat the broiler, until you get the steak ready, but do not forget to coat a broiler pan with cooking spray, so that steak does not stick to the pan.
- Combine brown sugar, ground cumin, salt, garlic powder, dried thyme, cinnamon and cayenne together and mix well.
- Rub the mixture on the steak well.
- Keep the steak aside for 10 minutes, then place it in the broiler for 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the broiler and let the steak cool for 5 to 7 minutes, before you cut it diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- Serve steak with green salad.
It is not recommended that you serve steak as soon as it is cooked. Let it rest for 5 minutes so that the juices are redistributed and you are able to relish the steak.