Sweet baked goods like small cakes and tarts, which are made from flour, baking powder, butter and eggs are called pastries. A fatty, airy and light pastry is considered a good pastry.
Nut Bread Muffin Pastry
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4th cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4th cup butter, melted
- 1/3rd cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8th teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups with butter, or line them with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 and 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter, also add vanilla and coconut extract.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour until it moistens. Prepare muffin cups and spoon the batter into them.
- In another bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Add 1 tablespoon butter until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Spread topping, chopped macadamia nuts over the muffin pastry. Bake in a preheated oven for around 20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin pastry. If it comes out clean, your muffin pastries are ready to eat!
- 100 gram icing sugar
- 65 gram almond powder
- 275 gram sugar
- 25 gram flour
- 5 egg whites
- 8 egg yolks
- 250 ml milk
- 250 gram softened butter
- Mix 65 gram of icing sugar and 65 gram almond powder with flour and milk, and using a wooden spatula, make a soft dough.
- Mix the egg-whites and 25 gram sugar using an electronic beater for about 10 minutes until the whites stiffen.
- To prepare butter cream, mix egg yolks, softened butter and 250 gram of sugar in another bowl. Make a soft mixture.
- Take 1/5th of the egg-white mixture into the batter that we have already prepared before. Mix well using a whisk until it becomes a homogeneous mixture.
- Then add this mixture to the remaining 4/5th of the egg-white mixture.
- Spread half of this pastry mixture on a greased baking sheet. Cover it with a slightly greased parchment paper. Use another greased baking sheet for the remaining mixture and repeat the procedure.
- Sprinkle the surface of the pastry with icing sugar. Bake it in a hot oven for about 15 minutes at 180°C (356°F). Do not cook for too long, otherwise the pastry will become hard.
- Then let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and spread praline and butter cream on the surface of the pastry. Keep it in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle icing sugar before serving.
French Sponge Pastry
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4th tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3rd cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix eggs and sugar. Heat the mixture over hot water. Beat it constantly until it becomes warm. Remove it from fire. Beat it again until it cools and becomes stiff.
- Add sifted flour; measured, and sifted with cornstarch, salt, and baking powder. Mix it very lightly.
- Slowly add the butter, stirring constantly.
- Pour into well-buttered pan. Bake in a hot oven at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into various shapes after cooling and spread different colored icing. You can also decorate it with fancy designs of different colors.
These are few delicious pastry recipes. Your friends and family will enjoy these pastries very much. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead, and have a great time!