Eggs are a great breakfast food containing proteins and vitamins. Although they are high in cholesterol, they are low in saturated fats. But having omelets, half boiled, or full boiled eggs everyday for breakfast is definitely annoying. There are many casserole egg recipes that taste amazing and can be had at breakfast.
This recipe contains zucchini, hams, mushrooms, and cheese. This is a delightful preparation for breakfast as well as lunch.
- 3 cups, chopped zucchini
- 3 cups, sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups, fully cooked hams
- 1½ cups, chopped green pepper
- 1 ½ cups, chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 packages, cream cheese
- 1/3 cup, vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup, half-and-half cream
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon, pepper
- 4 cups, cubed day-old bread
- 1 teaspoon, salt
- In a large frying pan, fry mushrooms, ham, zucchini, onions, green pepper, and garlic in little oil, until vegetables are tender and soft.
- Drain the mixture, pat it dry, and set it aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and half-and-half cream in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Beat in eggs. Stir in bread, salt, vegetable mixture, cheese, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into baking dishes, bake uncovered at 350 ºF for about 30-40 minutes, until the knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the mixture stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
This is a simple frittata in which you can replace the ham with your favorite sausages. It's an ideal preparation for the whole family.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon, vegetable oil
- ½ sliced onion
- 4 potatoes (peeled; cubed)
- 3/4 cup, shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup, cubed ham
- Salt and pepper for taste
- In a large pot, pour water, and add salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until they are tender.
- Drain them and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF
- In a large iron frying pan, heat oil over medium heat, add onions and cook slowly while stirring in between, until onions are soft.
- Stir in eggs, drained potatoes, salt, pepper and ham. Cook until the eggs are firm at the bottom.
- Top frittata with shredded cheese and put it in an oven for about 10 minutes, till cheese melts and eggs are firm. The dish is ready.
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon, Dijon mustard
- 2 cups, milk
- A dash of hot sauce
- 2½ whole English muffins cut up into half-inch cubes
- 2 cups, assorted grated cheese
- 14 thinly sliced Canadian bacon cut up into half-inch squares
- 7-8 (6 oz.) greased custard cups
- Beat eggs and add milk until properly mixed.
- Add hot sauce and Dijon into the beaten egg mixture and beat again.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Laden the mixture into the custard cups and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for about 30 minutes at 400 ºF and serve immediately