I am sure there are a lot of people out there interested in knowing what is black and tan, and how to make it at home. If you belong to the category of beer lovers, you ought to be fascinated about this drink or would have tasted it sometime. Since this has been a popular drink in pubs, there is no way to avoid it.
Black and tan beer originated in Ireland, and the name derives from the British officers who wore uniforms of these colors while fighting with the Irish Republican Army. It became immensely popular in the US and the UK. If you check the color of this drink, half of it is black (upper half) and half of it is tanned, (lower half) which is the reason behind its name. It is a mixture of a lager with an ale and thus truly a cocktail treat! So let's see how to make this drink through the recipe given below.
- Bass Ale beer bottles (as per your requirement)
- Guinness beer bottles (as per your requirement)
- Metal spoon
- Pint glasses
- Be sure you have the Bass ale and the Guinness bottles at home or else buy them. Don't go for any other brands, since they would not give the perfect blend and flavor.
- Initially pour the ale in all the pint glasses slowly by tilting the glass slightly. Fill half the glass and wait for a few minutes for the fuzz to settle down.
- When done, it brings us to the most important step in the process, pouring the dark beer. You should hold the spoon upside down over the mouth of the glass and pour the dark beer i.e the Guinness, carefully drop by drop. Be sure you pour equivalent amounts of both the drinks. Again wait for a while to see the 2 distinct phases, the tanned drink above which the black beer!
- Don't wait longer and enjoy the beer to the fullest!
Leg of Lamb Recipe
- 16¼ pound boned lamb
- 1 small onion; chopped
- ¾ cup carrots; chopped and peeled
- 1½ cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons pepper seasoning
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- one teaspoon honey
- ½ cup Guinness stout beer
- ½ cup Harp lager beer
- First of all remove the bones of the lamb, and roast it properly.
- After roasting, cook it in a vessel along with the additions of the ingredients mentioned above until the mixture boils.
- Now the most interesting part comes into picture; grill the lamb on a baking sheet at around 350 degree F for about 2 hours. The recipe is ready to serve!