When you are choosing a marinade for your steak, there are two things which need to be taken into consideration. The first is what type or cut of steak will you be using and the second is the flavor you would want to add to the meat. Marinades are used not only to add unique flavor, but they also break down tougher cuts of steak by tendering the meat. It also helps to keep the steak moist throughout the cooking process. I have tried incorporating easy marinade recipes here, so you can find out which is one suits your taste buds.
Recipe # 1
- Soy sauce, ⅓ cup
- Olive oil, ½ cup
- Fresh lemon juice, ⅓ cup
- Worcestershire sauce, ¼ cup
- Garlic powder, 1½ tablespoons
- Dried basil, 3 tablespoons
- Dried parsley, 1½ tablespoons
- White pepper (ground), 1 teaspoon
- Hot pepper sauce, ¼ teaspoon
- Dried minced garlic, 1 teaspoon
- Add soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, hot pepper sauce, dried garlic in a blender and blend on high-speed for about 30 seconds or till thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the marinade over the meat. Make sure all the pieces are well dipped into it.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours and cook as desired.
Recipe # 2
- Vegetable oil, 1 cup
- Soy sauce, ½ cup
- Red wine vinegar, ⅓ cup
- Fresh lemon juice, ¼ cup
- Worcestershire sauce, 3 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon
- Mustard sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic (minced), 2 cloves
- Mix oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, mustard, and garlic in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well. You may choose to blend it in the blender as well.
- Pour this over the meat and let it marinate.
Recipe # 3
- Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup
- Italian style salad dressing, 1 cup
- Garlic pepper seasoning, 2 teaspoons
- Barbecue sauce, 1 cup
- Beef sirloin tip steak, 2 pounds
- Mix Worcestershire sauce, salad dressing, garlic pepper seasoning, and barbecue sauce in a blender. Blend for about 25 to 30 seconds so that the marinade is mixed properly.
- Place the steak in the marinade and cover it properly.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours and your steak is ready to be barbecued.
How to Barbecue the Perfect Steak
When you want to barbecue the perfect steak, you should know how to marinate it first. Marinating the steak for a minimum of four hours is important. If possible, you should marinate the steak overnight before you roast it. Now, let's see the steps to barbecue:
- Preheat the barbecue grill to medium heat. Brush both the sides of the steak with olive oil. This will ensure that the meat does not stick to the grill.
- Put salt on the meat when you are about to barbecue it, as salt draws out the juices from the steak. The other side should be salted only when you turn the meat over.
- Cooking time will depend upon the thickness of the steak. An important tip is to turn the steak only once while cooking, lest the meat become tough.
- After the steak is cooked, transfer it to a plate and cover it with foil. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before you savor it so that the juices are evenly distributed and your steak becomes succulent and tender.