What is instant coffee? Have you ever tried to find out why this particular variety is known as instant coffee? A layman's answer will be, instant coffee means it is quick to make. That's true but instant coffee has some more qualities also. It is also known as coffee powder and soluble coffee.
The coffee is dehydrated and is made to a form of powder or granules. Instant coffee is derived by grinding roasted coffee beans and passing them through different drying processes in the coffee industry. The powder is rehydrated by adding hot water and the drink is served as instant coffee.
The advantage of instant coffee are quick preparation, long shelf life and less weight and volume. It's difficult to judge what is the best instant coffee because the taste might vary from person to person.
How to Make the Best Instant Coffee
- Boil a cup of milk and add a teaspoon of sugar.
- Stir well to mix the sugar.
- Add half teaspoon of coffee powder and mix it.
- Your instant coffee is ready. Sip it hot or cool it in refrigerator for icy sip in summers.
Now that was the easiest method to make instant coffee. You can always improvise the techniques and flavor it for variations in taste. Check out the this list.
Flavored Instant Coffee
Essence your instant coffee recipes with flavors of your choice. Fluff with cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate, ice creams on your coffee to make some of the best coffee recipes.
- Dip the pieced cinnamon stick into the hot coffee.
- Leave for few minutes and strain the coffee.
- Now add cream to the coffee. Chill it in refrigerator.
- Before serving add ice slices or ice cream as per your choice.
- Double strength coffee powder half tsp
- Ice cubes
- Vanilla essence half tsp
- Chocolate sauce 2 tsps
- Whipped cream or ice cream 1 dollop
- Blend ice coffee chocolate syrup and vanilla smoothly in a blender.
- Pour the coffee and float the ice cream or whipped cream on top.
- Serve icy cold mocha frappe.
- Pour the boiled milk in a cup and add the sweetener.
- Add the coffee powder of your favorite brand. Mix well.
- Whisk with electric blender to make the perfect latte.
- Stop the blender when it is full of froth.
- Now spread some cream over it. Sip it hot.
It's difficult to rate a particular coffee brand as the best instant coffee. The tastes vary and so do your preferences. However Maxwell House, Folgers and Taster's Choice are the most popular instant coffee brands. These brands are generic and the powder is not only rich in flavor, but has also been derived from the best quality coffee beans.
Instead of spending at the coffee stalls, quickly brew instant coffee at home itself. A strong drink of instant coffee is a great stress buster and the icy cool drink is refreshing in summers. Be it morning or evening, the instant cuppa will always be delightful for you.