We have often seen our friends rack their brains over the kind of menu that needs to be planned for parties. We always spend hours together, wondering how to whip up something that is delicious to taste, yet unique in its own way. It was on one such weekend, where a few of us discovered some valuable recipes.
One of our great wizards at cooking, introduced me to the basic meatloaf recipe. Meatloaf is a dish that basically consists of ground meat. Many feel this is one of the easiest dishes to prepare and has an amazing flavor as well. If you are looking forward to a change in the menu, note down these amazing recipes.
Bread Crumbs and Meatloaf
- Lean ground meat - beef, lamb, pork or a combination as per preference, 1 lbs.
- Onion, 1
- Egg, 1
- Milk, ½ cup
- Chopped parsley, ¼ cup
- Bread crumbs,½ cup
- Bacon, 6 slices
- Ketchup/ barbeque sauce, ¼ cup
- Dried herbs such as thyme or oregano, 1 tsp.
- Salt and pepper, as required
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Then, place all the ingredients into the food processor except for the meat.
- The ingredients should be finely chopped. You can do this step even without a food processor by chopping the ingredients with a knife.
- Mix it well. Now, add the ground meat mixture into the food processor. Pulse this a few times so that it blends well. You can even mix by hand.
- Take a slightly oiled baking sheet. Shape the meat mixture into one or two small-sized loaves.
- It would be better if you make two small-sized ones as they will cook faster and better!
- Place the slices of bacon on top of these loaves. Use ketchup or barbeque sauce as per your preference and spread it over the bacon.
- Now, bake these loaves for half an hour. Bigger sized loaves will need around 45 minutes for the baking process.
- Serve these delicious meat loaves warm.
- Bread crumbs, 1 cup
- Finely chopped raw/sautéed vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms etc., 1 cup
- Large egg, 1
- Lean ground beef, 1½ lbs.
- Fresh or dried herbs, as per taste
- Spices or seasoning, as per taste
- Salt, as required
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 °F. Then, mix all the vegetables along with the bread crumbs.
- Blend these ingredients well along with the meat. Now, add the egg into this mixture.
- Once done, add the seasonings carefully, as per taste. You can check for the taste by cooking a spoonful for a few minutes and tasting once it cools down.
- This will give you an idea about the flavor. Now, begin shaping the mixture into a loaf. Place it in a baking dish.
- Bake this preparation for 90 minutes.
- Serve hot!