Barbecued pork chops when served with a hot and spicy barbecue sauce, taste utterly delicious with the soft insides and crispy cover. They are basically served as side dishes with soups and the main course. They are grilled uniformly so that the core becomes soft.
There are many ways to make tender pork chops. Among the different recipes, the grilled and baked chops are most common. Baking is almost similar to grilling, and is done by covering the oven. Chops that are barbecued in the oven are cooked by keeping the cast iron skillet open, which causes them to get grilled. However, there are some tips that you should follow before you start baking.
You can brine the chops if they are very thick. Adequate marinating is required to make them soft, and to allow the ingredients to seep inside them. The taste depends primarily on the brine and marinade process. The brining time ranges from 2-4 hours, while you can marinade them for 30 minutes. The recipes given below provide some versatile ways to make pork chops.
- Pork loin or rib chops, 6 pieces (¾ inch each)
- Brown sugar, 2 teaspoons
- Paprika, ½ teaspoon
- Vinegar, 2 teaspoons
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Ketchup, ¾ cup
- Chili powder, ½ teaspoon
- Hot water, ⅓ cup
- Make a paste by combining all the ingredients in hot water, except for the pork chops and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the chops one after another on a cast iron skillet.
- Set the temperature to 375 °F for grilling the meat, and leave the cover of the grill open.
- Let the meat grill for 1 hour until the chops become dark brown in color.
- Garnish them with the spring onions, sauce, previously prepared paste, and pepper. Serve hot.
- Pork rib chops, ¾ pound
- Canola oil, 3 teaspoons
- Onion (diced), 1 medium
- Fresh ground pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Orange juice, ⅓ cup
- Barbecue sauce, ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Then, marinade the pork chops with pepper and salt.
- Pour 2 teaspoons of oil in an ovenproof skillet and heat it. Place the pork chops on it. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes till they become soft and brown.
- Add some more oil to the pan and fry the onions and garlic in it for some time.
- Add the orange juice to the mixture and heat it till the juice gets absorbed.
- Pour the barbecue sauce into the mixture and let the chops get coated with the sauce.
- Place the chops on an ovenproof pan and transfer them to the oven.
- Bake them at 145 °F for 10 minutes. Check the temperature with a thermometer.
- Serve these pork chops with mint leaves and some more barbecue sauce.
- Center-cut pork chops (boneless), 4
- Key West lime juice, ⅓ cup
- Honey, 1 teaspoon
- Salt and Pepper, 1 pinch each
- Lime zest, 1 teaspoon
- Cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons
- First, prepare the marinade by mixing the vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, and honey together. Add the salt and pepper to this mixture and blend it well.
- Place the pork chops in the marinade and keep them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grilling machine to 370 °F.
- Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator. Place them on the skewer and grill them for 10 minutes, till their color changes from pink to brown.
- Make sure that they have been uniformly baked. Serve them on a plate and squeeze some lemon juice on top.
Thus, the technique is quite simple. You only require an oven or grilling machine for it. You can improvise with the ingredients to bring out new flavors. The garnish is also important for making the dish presentable.