Baking sweet potatoes to make fries is a healthy and wonderful option. They turn out crispy on the outside, and oh-so soft on the inside. The only trick you will have to use is to soak the sweet potato wedges in cold water before they are transferred to the oven. Now we will see how to make these fries.
- Sweet Potatoes (peeled), 2
- Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Kosher Salt, ½ teaspoon, plus extra for seasoning
- Ground Black Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Cut sweet potatoes into spears and soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the spears and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the spears on the paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread salt and black pepper combined on the spears.
- Toss the spears properly and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes and then toss it around to bake again for 10 minutes, until it tuns lightly brown.
- Once the fries are done, sprinkle a bit more salt (if you want) on the fries and serve hot.
- Ground Cumin, ½ teaspoon
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Ground Red Pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Sweet Potatoes, 2
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into spears to make this sweet potato recipe.
- In a bowl mix ground cumin, salt, and red pepper powder together and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato spears with oil and the cumin, salt, and pepper mixture.
- Toss the potatoes to evenly coat the mixture.
- On a baking sheet, line the potato spears in a single line and bake the spears on both the sides evenly, till the edges are crisp.
- If required, you can sprinkle the mixture of herbs again on the spears and serve hot.
- Sweet Potatoes (peeled and cut into ½ inch wide strips), 1½ pounds
- Olive Oil, ¼ cup
- Kosher Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Dried Italian Herb Seasoning, ½ teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheet with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray.
- In a plastic bag, combine the sweet potato strips, olive oil, kosher salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Close the bag and shake until the fries are evenly coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the strips onto the baking sheet in a single layer and pour the olive oil, salt, and seasoning mixture over the strips.
- Place the sheet in the oven and bake for half an hour, but ensure you do turn the strips every 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with sauce or dip of your choice.
While baking, it is important to cut the strips evenly, or else the thinner strips will cook faster as compared to the thicker strips. The other alternative is to bake the thinner strips and thicker strips in different batches. In case you require more than one baking sheet, place one sheet at the bottom rack and the other in the top rack.