Ambrosia fruit salad is easy to make. The word "ambrosial" means worthy of gods, or something that is pleasing to taste or smell. It is a variation of the traditional fruit salad. Here is the traditional fruit ambrosia salad recipe along with other recipes for making different versions of the irresistible fruit salad.
Ambrosia Fruit Salad
Recipe # 1
- Pineapple chunks (drained), 1 can
- Mandarin oranges (drained), 1 can
- Miniature marshmallows, 1 cup
- Sour cream, 8 ounces
- Coconut or almond flakes, 1 cup
- Put the mandarin, pineapple chunks, and marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Gently, mix all the ingredients. Then, pour a cup of sour cream into the mixture. You could use low fat cream.
- Toss it well to ensure that all the ingredients have blended well.
- Now, sprinkle the coconut flakes or almond flakes.
- Cover this mixture and refrigerate for an hour.
Recipe # 2
Here's another recipe that you can follow. This salad will surely tickle your taste buds.
- Fresh strawberries (diced)
- Fresh pineapple (diced)
- Banana, 1 (sliced)
- Powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Pineapple juice
- Cashews (roasted and chopped)
- Place half of the diced fruits in a serving bowl.
- Now, add powdered sugar and some of the roasted cashews. Sprinkle them over the fruits.
- Add another layer of the fruits. Sprinkle a few roasted cashews.
- Pour pineapple juice over it.
- Now, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Recipe # 3
Here is another recipe for the delicious fruit salad.
- Oranges, 3
- Coconut (shredded), 1 cup
- Walnuts (chopped), 1 cup
- Maraschino cherries, ½ cup
- Mini marshmallows, ½ cup
- Sugar (powdered), ¼ cup
- Lemon juice
- Peel the oranges and keep large chunks aside.
- Peel and slice the banana into small chunks and sprinkle lemon juice on it.
- Add all the fruits and the sweetened coconut in a bowl.
- Then, fold the marshmallows and sugar in the mixture.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Recipe # 4
Here's another way to make an excellent dessert.
- Purple grapes or cherries, ½ cup
- Pineapple tidbits, 1 cup
- Whipped cream, 2 cups
- Mini marshmallows, 1 cup
- Banana, 1
- Vanilla essence
- Coconut, ½ cup (shredded)
- Chopped almonds, ½ cup
- Sugar, ¼ cup
- Salt, a pinch
- Put whipped cream in the serving bowl.
- Add vanilla, marshmallows, sugar, and salt to it.
- Mix it properly. Add all the other fruits to the mixture.
- Fold in the shredded coconut and almonds.
- Keep the bowl covered and refrigerate. Refrigerate it for at least 3 hours. Serve in a glass bowl.
Do try these easy-to-make ambrosia salad recipes. Believe me, you will love it.